Hockey Helper is a tool for managing amateur hockey leagues. The program keeps a
database of leagues and teams, and allows game information to easily be entered.
Statistics are compiled for you, and all information is available for printing or export
to PDF, Excel, or HTML files.
I wrote this program after getting involved with scorekeeping for my grandson's
Mite hockey league, so support is provided for some situations not found in a more
'pro' league. The program supports tracking team activity in multiple leagues.
Roster information is displayed and edited easily. As you can see in the example,
support is provided for players having the same jersey number. When entering game
information, the jersey number is entered first, then you are provided a list of all players
with that jersey number for final selection.
The second tab shows 'games played' information for the currently selected league:
From the 'games' tab, you may select to see a summary for the selected game.
The HTML output for the game summary report has been customized to allow easy 'cut and paste' of the game summary into another Web page (see the Help file for further details).
You may also output the game information in a scoresheet view:
The final tab displays statistics. The statistics may be sorted by clicking on
the heading (to sort by 'Points', click the 'Points' header). Clicking a heading
a second time will invert the sort.
The 'As Goalie' statistic reflects the Mite heritage of this program.
Self-extracting zip file. Copy into a new folder and double-click to extract all
the files. An extensive Help file is provided and should be consulted for program setup and usage details.
Hockey Helper is a 32-bit Windows program, thus requires Windows 95 (or higher)
on the host computer. It will not run under Windows 3.x.
Program written and compiled using Borland Delphi Studio 2006
March 6, 2010
Copyright © 2010 IdleTime Industries
v1.40       March 6, 2010
* Changed report file export to include prompting to overwrite file if it already exists. Would previously silently overwrite any existing file of the same name.
* Added prompt for path/filename of exported HTML reports.
* Path is saved on report export and loaded on next export.
* Opens on 'League' which was selected when program last closed.
* Customized 'Stats' report HTML export. Multi-page statistics reports will not have any page breaks when exported to HTML.
* Added tracking of when 'Statistics' need to be re-compiled to eliminate unnecessary recompilations.
* Found deleting 'League' still left traces of teams in database. This has been fixed. Deleting 'League' now deletes all League Team and Player info from all database tables.
* Made change so that when roster last name is changed, all references to that player will be changed (games played, etc).
* 'Games' grid now adds vertical scroll bar when necessary.
* Swapped positions of '-' and '+' buttons in Print Preview.
v1.30       February 18, 2010
* Changed so that when Roster jersey number for a player is changed, all references to that player will be changed throughout the database (games played, etc).
* Changed Home and Visitor Roster game entries to scroll to top of list when opened.
* Added 'Goalies' section to Game Summary report.
* Added a check that 'Home' and 'Visitor' teams are not the same when entering game information.
* Added check that 'League' table is not in an edit mode before allowing change to 'Teams' database table.
* Some database index changes made to add 'FirstName' field to some table indexes.
* Updated reports to show correct version number.
v1.21       February 6, 2010
* Minor fix to eliminate creation of database trace log file.
* Added window to prompt for setup when no League records are in the database.
v1.20       January 29, 2010
* Added a new button on Game Summary page to print game information in a scoresheet format.
* Changed scoring 'type' display to show full text, rather than just the abbreviation.
* Added custom output of HTML for Roster report.
v1.10       January 10, 2010
* Program would crash when 'print previewing' more than one Game Summary report. This has been fixed.
* Fixed goal scoring summaries so that even-strength goals have no descriptor (no 'EV') at the end of the line.
* Customized the HTML output of the Game Summary report. Game Summary HTML may now be cut and pasted to create one long listing of game summaries (for easy Web site maintenance).
* Application now opens on tab which was last selected.
v1.00       January 5, 2010
Last updated: 7 Mar 2010
Web Author: John Locke
Copyright © 2010 IdleTime Industries - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED